We have officially accepted our two children today.
but.....wait..... not so fast.....
We are a Hague Family, this in adoption terms means; painful waiting, long decision processes, and tons more paperwork, a few more fees, but mostly TIME. and we don't have time... we have to make it to China in Early Sept. to receive Athena Niuniu before she ages out and is no longer eligible for adoption.
Our agency wants to believe we can do it, & so do I. James, 'bout had a heart attack after hearing the doom & gloom of what lies ahead from Lily in our meeting at her office yesterday. The control of the situation now, is of no ones avail. It's Government, Political and a Hurdle, all to protect families and children from being victims in adoption processes, and it takes massive time to honor and protect those laws... TIME, which we don't have... oh, I mentioned that already. :o(
but.....wait.....not so fast.....
Our timeline requests that 9 weeks of US Government work be done in 3 weeks. We may have to call a Senator, a House District Member... a Politician... which I know of none... I don't even know where to begin to do this... I guess I will learn!!!, and rather quickly.
I will keep you posted, if we make progress. It looks like we have 5 more steps of the US Government paperwork that needs to be granted, before China can invite us to come adopt our children and bring them home.
Our new son, Scott Yu which we are blessed by God's gift, will be able to come home;~our daughter will have to beat the clock. This is a sad and harsh reality to us and her, but we are doing everything we can to accomplish our dream of having Niuniu as our daughter, God's gift... Forever.
~
(please do not cross post our news, I would love to just keep it here: amongst us in the "family".)



