"J." is in 4th grade and today he received his first pair of glasses. I (mommy), wore my first pair of glasses in 5th grade, a long time ago.
We were anticipating this since my family history of eye sight is not good. Last School Year his eye sight was 20/20 during his 3rd grade physical. He was not due for this yearly physical until December. We made his pediatric appointment early this season, because he needed a physical to travel to China. "J." failed his eye test during the physical at 20/50. We saw the optometrist today and found out he has a astigmatism as well.
He is totally thrilled he has glasses.
He can not believe all that he should have been seeing,... and what he was missing. I am amazed by this little man. This is one time that mommy can not do it for him or protect him or fix it. Only help with a solution,...glasses. I know in some ways glasses are not a big deal, but for me and "J.",...at least for me not to be able to do it for him was a little hard; (after all it is his eyes, he has to look with them, not me). So I think I am more emotional over it than anyone.
I am realizing, my baby is growing up, and mommy can not kiss every boo boo away.
I did hug & kiss on him a whole bunch, and let him know he is so handsome. :o)



